On a unique location near the Westbroekpark well maintained and very spacious 9 room semi-detached villa with stone garage adjacent to the METS tennis courts.
This classic, robust 1.5 wide corner townhouse was built under the architecture of Co Brandes, one of the most important architects of the " Nieuwe Haagse school" and has a spacious living/dining room en suite with a fireplace, high ceilings with moldings, 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms , 3 separate toilets, luxurious kitchen with appliances, two cellars, double glazing all around and an attached stone garage.
The quiet, green Kapelplein is located between the Belgisch Park and the Van Stolk Park. Within walking/cycling distance of shops for all daily shopping, several schools and many sports clubs.
The Kapelplein has 18 mansions and has a strong social cohesion; at the end of the school holidays there is the annual BBQ.
The location, very close to the beach and dunes, the shops of Stevinstraat/Gentsestraat and public transport a stone's throw away, makes the house extra attractive. The center of The Hague and several International organizations but also the exit roads are quickly and easily accessible.
LAYOUT: (see the floor plans for dimensions)
Entrance, vestibule with original marble floor, draft door, spacious hall with a beautiful wide landing staircase and modern toilet with hand basin. From the hall walk through to a study / office at the front.
Spacious en-suite living rooms with a width of no less than 4.40 meters with 4 original sliding doors and two fixed (crockery) cupboards, beautiful herringbone oak parquet floor with piping, high ceilings with original mouldings, stucco walls and in the sitting room at the front has a fire place. Side door to the front garden.
From the dining room doors to the private backyard adjacent to the tennis courts, door to the garage, which has on the street side an electric up-and-over door, suitable for parking a car. The central heating combi boiler (Daalderop Itho 38/80+, built in 2014) is also located in the garage. Door to intermediate space with door to the side garden and to the kitchen.
The large, luxurious kitchen is located at the rear of the house and is equipped with a freestanding SMEG 5-burner gas stove, dishwasher, Quooker, natural stone worktop and freestanding refrigerator.
From the kitchen there is also access to the large (wine) cellar(s) with headroom, which run under the kitchen and the hall.
Via the beautiful, high and wide staircase with intermediate landing and stained glass sliding window to the 1st floor.
Spacious, extra wide landing with access to three large bedrooms and the bathroom.
The bedroom at the front, also with a door to a sheltered, sunny balcony, has air conditioning and private access to the modern bathroom with underfloor heating, bath, washbasin, washing machine and dryer and a separate toilet.
From the 2nd bedroom at the rear you can reach the large sunny terrace on the garage where you can sunbathe throughout the day. The spacious 3rd bedroom is also located at the rear and has an unobstructed view of the METS tennis courts. All 3 bedrooms have fitted wardrobes.
Intermediate staircase to the top floor, also with 3 bedrooms. There is a 3rd separate modern toilet and a second bathroom with shower and sink. All bedrooms have fitted wardrobes and dormer windows with wooden frames with double glazing.
- Built in 1925, Architect Co Brandes
- Rijks BSG Westbroekpark/Belgisch Park
- Very spacious family house with front, side and back garden, 6 bedrooms, large basement and attached stone garage
- Good condition, internally modernized 2012-2014, including new kitchen, entire house all walls newly plastered, oak herringbone parquet floor, beautiful radiator conversions parterre and 1st floor, zinc roof gutters renewed
- Exterior painting done in 2022
- Alarm system
- Fully equipped with double glazing, with the exception of the stained glass sliding window on the landing
- Convenient location in relation to various schools, sports and recreational facilities
- A short distance from the beach but also the center of The Hague
- Short access routes to highways including Amsterdam/Utrecht/Rotterdam
- Bus and tram stops within walking distance (5 minutes)
- Perpetual re-issued ground lease, canon payment € 586, = per half year; land value € 71,500.=
- Delivery in consultation
- Choice of notary reserved to the buyer, but within the Haaglanden working area
- Given the year of construction of the house, an age/materials clause will be included in the deed of sale.
Interested in this property? Call in your own NVM purchase broker immediately. Your NVM purchase broker stands up for your interests and saves you time, money and worries.
You will find addresses of fellow NVM purchase brokers in Haaglanden on Funda.
Explanation clause NEN2580
The Measurement Instruction is based on the NEN2580. The Measurement Instruction is intended to apply a more unambiguous method of measurement to give an indication of the usable area. The Measurement Instruction does not completely exclude differences in measurement results, for example due to differences in interpretation, rounding off or limitations when performing the measurement.
This information has been compiled by us with due care. However, no liability is accepted on our part for any incompleteness, inaccuracy or otherwise, or the consequences thereof.